Re: Javastation question (not starting up, errors)

John Burns <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No matter what I do (even with no ram) when I turn any of them on all
that happens is the beep at me forever and flass all the keyboard LEDs.

The serial console is your friend ...

JavaStation
OpenBoot 2.30, 32 MB memory installed
Ethernet address 8:0:20:87:ea:f5

ok

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/JavaStation-HOWTO/whatischapter.html
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/javastation/mrcoffee.html

  • Re: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1
    ... I could probably borrow a laptop to a friend but am not excited at ... > the idea of having to setup some serial console thing (I do not even ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1
    ... I could probably borrow a laptop to a friend but am not excited at ... the idea of having to setup some serial console thing (I do not even ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: System console on serial port
    ... have different schemes: e.g. openboot on a sparc machine will ... automatically enable a serial console if there is no keyboard present. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Adaptec AIC-7901 (ahd) broken with 6.0-BETA2
    ... >> Even if I could break into debugger, I would need to get a serial console ... otherwise a stack trace could be quite hard to get. ... I know this friend pretty good. ... I can't easily scroll up or even do ...
    (freebsd-current)