Re: sun4v vs. sun4u

On Jun 25, 11:21 am, Frank Winkler <frank-use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We're about to offer some machines to a customer. He wants to replace old
boxes doing networking stuff (FW, proxy, etc.) by new ones and I was
wondering what CPU is the better choice. I suppose those apps will mostly
do integer ops so a T[12]000 would be fine? OTOH, I'm not sure how good
CheckPoint, squid and the like are in multi-threading ...

I think that would be a canoncal example of where they'd be a win, yes.

  • Strange
    ... I have a Form that looks up Customer information via a number of Combo ... The Text Boxes are Bound to the Customers Table and the "find" combo ... Public Function util_ShowInfo(frm As Form, strField As String, varInfo As ... strCriteria = BuildCriteria ...
  • Re: Employee new to industry
    ... Have her take a look at this Networking chapter from a basic Computer ... I have found these other tech lingo resources to be good, ... An encyclopedia of tech terms and technologies -- http://www.webopedia.com/ ... She is very smart and has good customer service skills, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: display results from combo/ narrow list as typed
    ... How many columns are you showing in the property for the combobox? ... I have 2 combo boxes on my customer maintenance form. ... typing in a part # starting w/ P, then I want the box to show ONLY those ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Search facility query
    ... I have put the three boxes on the main form. ... The name of the control on the main form for customer name ... The name of the table or query that is the record source for the main form. ... Set rstClone = Me.RecordsetClone ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • RE: Windows Client using Generated WS Proxy
    ... The solution I used was to generate one proxy using the tool and then I ... > How many people are using a windows client to talk to their web service? ... > that represent the data that goes to and from the web service. ... the typical sort of thing is a Customer or an Account. ...