Re: sun4v vs. sun4u

On Jun 25, 11:21 am, Frank Winkler <frank-use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We're about to offer some machines to a customer. He wants to replace old
boxes doing networking stuff (FW, proxy, etc.) by new ones and I was
wondering what CPU is the better choice. I suppose those apps will mostly
do integer ops so a T[12]000 would be fine? OTOH, I'm not sure how good
CheckPoint, squid and the like are in multi-threading ...

I think that would be a canoncal example of where they'd be a win, yes.

  • Strange
    ... I have a Form that looks up Customer information via a number of Combo ... The Text Boxes are Bound to the Customers Table and the "find" combo ... Public Function util_ShowInfo(frm As Form, strField As String, varInfo As ... strCriteria = BuildCriteria ...
  • Re: Employee new to industry
    ... Have her take a look at this Networking chapter from a basic Computer ... I have found these other tech lingo resources to be good, ... An encyclopedia of tech terms and technologies -- http://www.webopedia.com/ ... She is very smart and has good customer service skills, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: display results from combo/ narrow list as typed
    ... How many columns are you showing in the property for the combobox? ... I have 2 combo boxes on my customer maintenance form. ... typing in a part # starting w/ P, then I want the box to show ONLY those ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Windows Client using Generated WS Proxy
    ... The solution I used was to generate one proxy using the tool and then I ... > How many people are using a windows client to talk to their web service? ... > that represent the data that goes to and from the web service. ... the typical sort of thing is a Customer or an Account. ...
  • Re: Windows Client using Generated WS Proxy
    ... > The solution I used was to generate one proxy using the tool and then I ... > we had very good designs on our webservices before we started client side ... >> that represent the data that goes to and from the web service. ... the typical sort of thing is a Customer or an Account. ...