Re: Solaris laptop - $PARC vs. x86

pne.chomko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Rackmount or even a tower/desk top system like a Sun Blade
1000/2000/1500/2500 system is not an option. It MUST be luggable, not
even as small as a laptop, just luggable. Several companies have them
(e.g. Tadpole, NEXTCOMputing, SunnyTech). This has been the best link:
http://www.sparcproductdirectory.com/portable10.html

What is your definition of "luggable" ?

For $5K, I'd buy a motorized wheelchair, a used Ultra,
a fancy monitor, and enough hardware to bolt it all together
into a self-propelled office.

With what's left, I'd take my "huggable" wife on a cruise.

But I admit I'm a cheapskate.

--
Wes Groleau

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you
what can't be done and why. Then do it.
-- Robert A. Heinlein

  • Re: Netwroking Between Windows 2000 & XP ?
    ... > My wife has a laptop with Windows 2000 and your home computer has Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: A little over the top?
    ... It is possible that his wife said she would not ... bring him along if he took his laptop with him. ... for him to spend the day in the hotel room and to leave her alone, ... neighbors likely were planning to tar and feather him, ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Managing multiple identities on home wireless network
    ... second PC for my wife, and laptop for either of us. ... Problem is that for OE6 I have set up two accounts, one for me (Bob) ... So far I've not tried to connect the laptop, as I want to iron out the ... Courtesy of PA Bear - Use Message Rules to filter your mail where the two addresses are aliases for the same mailbox. ...
  • Re: FOOB: Dees July letter
    ... Between taking care of the ... and realized my laptop was missing... ... face down on the ground next to the couch, ... Anyhoo, everything worked out in the end - a beautiful baby girl, wife ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)