Re: Hard drives for Sun Blade 2500
- From: Andreas Wacknitz <a.wacknitz@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:23:22 +0200
Michael Laajanen schrieb:
Hi,I have two LSI 3041X models and so far no luck with booting from them in either my Blade 2000 or 2500. While booting is supported (3041X have OBP firmwares) it gives PCI bus errors. This seems to be a Solaris problem as I can boot OpenBSD 4.5 from it in my Blade 2500.
shmerl wrote:I've got a used Sun Blade 2500. What HDs are compatible with it? Dos itAny SCSI drive with a 80 pin SCA connector will do, below is a 300GB Hitachi drive added.
support only SUN specific hard drives ('Sun's page'
(http://www.sun.com/desktop/workstation/sunblade2500/) says: up to two
146-GB, 10,000 RPM, Ultra 320 SCSI drives), or some other SCSI HDs
should work there too? If yes, which ones?
(I plan to install OpenSolaris there).
Searching for disks...done
AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c0t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848>
1. c0t1d0 <FUJITSU-MAW3300NC-0104-279.40GB>
You can also using a SAS adapter(from LSIlogic) add SAS/SATA drives but not boot from them I think.
pci 66 MB/PCI3 LSILogic,sas-pci1000,50 (scs+ LSI,1064
- Prev by Date: Re: Hard drives for Sun Blade 2500
- Next by Date: Re: Registered DIMMS on Blade 100
- Previous by thread: Re: Hard drives for Sun Blade 2500
- Next by thread: Re: Hard drives for Sun Blade 2500