Re: Leakage current in SF 280R

Thanks Don and Dave for your helpful comments. You have both confirmed
what I both expected and hoped to hear. Namely, that ground leakage of the
order of a few mA is expected for these machines, nad that it is not a wise
idea to have the power circuit trip on this basis for a server.

I have no other reason to suspect faults on this machine, so I shall put an
alternative power block in place. I had intended to keep track of power
consumption, but since this is pretty stable over most normal loads I can
just measure it once and assume it remains the same over time. Can't see
that being a problem for the tax department.

And to answer your specific question, Don, the term often used in the UK
for ground fault interrupter is residual current detector, or RCD.

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant