Re: Creating a CD on Unix

From: Bill Marcum (bmarcum_at_iglou.com)
Date: 09/10/03

    Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:15:14 -0400

    On 9 Sep 2003 13:56:06 -0700, Trina
      <krini_pop@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am trying to create a CD on a Solaris environment. I created a CD,
    > but it makes all of the directory names and file names lowercase. I
    > need mixed case.
    > Also, some of the files have 2 periods in the name, e.g. X.Y.bin, and
    > it only picks up X.Y as the file name. Is there a way to have mixed
    > case and to keep Unix from chopping off the extension?

    RTFM for your CD software. You need to enable "Rock Ridge" or "Joliet"
    extensions, depending on whether the CD is to be read by Unix or
    Windows. Or you could write a tar file to the CD, which would preserve
    file names, owners and permissions.

    --
    Commander Spiral Pyjama Pseudo-Rhinocerous Feline Thingamajig Bill Marcum
    (the First)