mailq and amavis
- From: Etienne Marais <etienne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;etienne.marais@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:22:15 +0200
The last couple of days we
have been having trouble
with amavis scanning emails
directed from sendmail.
amavis had an email file limit
set to 500 and exceeding this
amount caused the mail queue
to quickly stack up preventing
delivery of emails.
For a temporary solution I have
increased the amavis file limit
to 2000, and stopping it (for
a while), then restarting it
allows the queue to empty fairly
To be honest, I don't really
understand why about 80% of the
queue immediately gets deliverd
when stopping amavais, and the
other 20% when restarting it.
(All mails are checked, right?)
In any case, I was wondering
how to follow the buildup of
open mail files being scanned
watch -n 10 "ls -l /var/amavis | grep -v doc | wc -l"
do the trick or is there a better way ?
- Prev by Date: Weird Script behavior
- Next by Date: Setting up Syslog Server
- Previous by thread: Weird Script behavior
- Next by thread: Setting up Syslog Server