Re: UTC Time setting?
- From: melsonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Melson)
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 03:16:00 GMT
In article <434o14F1km14iU2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dave Hinz <DaveHinz@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:17:14 -0800, Mark Rafn <dagon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> as400 <mxserver1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>For a UNIX server, is it better to set my HW Clock to UTC time?
>> 1) there's no such thing as a UNIX server.
> There isn't? (glance) Hm. Wonder what all those noisy things over
> that way are then.
>> Different specific systems
>> may have different recommendations.
> I'm not aware of 'date' being functionally different in any varient of
Perhaps he meant that UNIX isn't served? I did a double-take on that comment,
too, and was wondering just what he had in mind.
Stunned Ol' Bob (who has used UNIX servers for - gasp! - 30 years)
Robert G. Melson | Rio Grande MicroSolutions | El Paso, Texas
"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed
- Prev by Date: Re: May be away for a while...
- Next by Date: Re: May be away for a while...
- Previous by thread: Re: UTC Time setting?
- Next by thread: Re: UTC Time setting?