Re: Dlpar Operation Failed

From: sasa queer (sasa1973pk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/12/03

Date: 11 May 2003 21:58:03 -0700

Thanks for your immediate responses,
Now the problem is that all RSct deamons are active.
I want to know where are the logs of a failed DLPAR operation are
created.
Can any body help me.
Also today i will try to change the short name format to long name
format and then get back to you all.
Regards
SASA
"Jan Willem de Lange" <jan.willem.de.lange@freeler.nl> wrote in message news:<1052485797.983605@evisp-news-01.ops.asmr-01.energis-idc.net>...
> search for "rmcctrl" on comp.unix.aix
> JW
> "sasa queer" <sasa1973pk@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> > Dear ,
> > It does not seems to be a network configuration issue to me as ping
> by
> > name from hmc to partitions and between the partitions is ok.
> > Except that i have used a short name syntax ( like bali not
> > bali.xy.com) for naming partitions and hmc (same syntax for both).
> > Can it may be a issue.
> > Also i want to know where are the logs of such failed activities are
> > created as AIX error log does not contain any error.......
> > Any more ideas???
> > SASA
> > "News Reader" <NewsReader@nowhere1else.con> wrote in message
> > > I'm at home, so don't have my notes, but some quick things to
> check are:
> > > Can each lpar ping the hmc? can you ping each lpar from the hmc?
> > > Make sure that if the hmc's hostname is definesd as fully
> qualified,
> > > that each of the
> > > lpars are defined the same way. Check out IBM's knowledge base
> for some
> > > good
> > > lpar trobleshooting information.
> > >

> > > "sasa queer" <sasa1973pk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> HMC
> resources
> fail
> failed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: On water in the Bahamas
    ... If I may make an editorial (not to mention impudent comment...) ... My logs may well be similar. ... browser app), who's offered, if there's a way to set up a blog for me that ... However, if I went to that format, likely I'd not then go to the additional ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Requiring a date be entered as mm/dd/yy on a form field.
    ... Calendar widgets are great as an *optional* input; ... YYYY-MM-DD format. ... I have found, from the hard data of my weblogs and cgi logs, that less users ... asside from a slightly different entry style ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: Moving /usr stopped wireless network!
    ... somebody could stop my mail server by ... thus registering an entry in the logs ... Mind you, sending them off disk doesn't always work either, because ... It probably has about 30 partitions. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Help with a shell script
    ... > I have about a years worth of text logs that have the following format: ... > I need to change the entries in the file to be semicolon separated. ... So your sed command file will look something like this, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
    ... Solaris 2.6 with apache logs. ... The relevant partitions were not mounted with the largefile option. ... I needed only to compile with one compiler flag, ...
    (SunManagers)