Re: echo in cronjobs

From: Dwivian (dwivian_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 08/04/03

Date: 4 Aug 2003 10:47:40 -0700

Nicholas Dronen <ndronen@io.frii.com> wrote in message news:<3f2ad85c$0$197$75868355@news.frii.net>...
> How sure are you that this is the right answer?

I was pretty sure until you asked...

So, I tested the echo command, print command, and stty command in
terminal proof jobs (cron, at).

The stty command is the source of that error type. I've seen it
before, always associated with nearby output commands, but I forget
how many people stick various stty commands into scripts without first
running tty -s.

-dwiv (CATE/AIX)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logon script with SSH
    ... /etc/.login is referenced in an interactive shell. ... fine for the stty command you wanted to have issued, ... anything to do with whether you use telnet or ssh. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Text boxes in plot dont stay where I put them
    ... I'm not sure what you mean by checking the units properties Skeptic since I'm new to Matlab. ... command or the print command from the MATLAB command window. ... The print command has lots of options and is used to generate both hardcopy output as well as to create files of various output formats. ... The most likely thing that's happening when you print your figure is that the figure is being resized to fit the output size (look at the doc for help on the figure and its paperpositionmode, paperposition, and paperunits properties). ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Pan and Printing
    ... Can you print a file from the command line using the lpr command? ... I'm also using cups, and I have my print command in Pan set to "lp -d lp", ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: full screen graphics
    ... with a different command line to get benchmarks on the applications ... print 'Above error occurred while executing the following:' ... If your graphics program uses COM you may be able to do something like ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • full screen graphics
    ... with a different command line to get benchmarks on the applications ... print 'Above error occurred while executing the following:' ... doesn't grab focus and go full screen, ...
    (comp.lang.python)