Re: DLPAR commands

From: hdkutz (hdkutz_at_hdkutz.de)
Date: 08/05/03

Date: 5 Aug 2003 05:02:24 -0700

"News Reader" <NewsReader@nowhere1else.con> wrote in message news:<YUbXa.15767$Vx2.8119379@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>...
> I've been looking at all the documentation I can find, and this seems to
> elude me. I have a
> scripted that starts with cfgmgr, to ensure the drawer with the tape
> drive is available, then
> performs a mksysb of the lpar. Afterwards, it issues the commands to
> drop the drawer
> so it can be moved to the next lpar. This is where I am stuck. I need
> to ssh over to the
> HMC and issue a command to actually move the drawer to the next lpar,
> and can't find
> what commands to issue to do this. I have the ssh part set up, just
> don't know the commands
> to move the drawer. Has anyone out there done this and know the correct
> commands, or
> know where they are documented?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis
 One more
http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/en_US/infocenter/base/HowToAdmin.htm
Look for Lpar or Resource Mangement

Cheers,
ku

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DLPAR commands
    ... > I've been looking at all the documentation I can find, ... > scripted that starts with cfgmgr, to ensure the drawer with the tape ... it issues the commands to ... > so it can be moved to the next lpar. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • DLPAR commands
    ... I've been looking at all the documentation I can find, and this seems to elude me. ... it issues the commands to drop the drawer ... so it can be moved to the next lpar. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: DLPAR commands
    ... registering scripts and such, and since that is not what I wanted, started looking elsewhere. ... >> scripted that starts with cfgmgr, to ensure the drawer with the tape ... it issues the commands to ... >> so it can be moved to the next lpar. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: DLPAR commands
    ... registering scripts and such, and since that is not what I wanted, started ... >> scripted that starts with cfgmgr, to ensure the drawer with the tape ... it issues the commands to ... >> so it can be moved to the next lpar. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... Seeing as how 18 percent of the package is documentation - have you looked ... >a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ... There are 16 books in front of me between the monitors, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)