Re: SAMBA 2.2.8a install on AIX 5.2

From: Dwivian (dwivian_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: 12 Sep 2003 12:10:05 -0700

Kent Squires <ksquires@geeks.org> wrote in message news:<jfb3mvsnknolk9kb29kbg722bdgh1ndrio@4ax.com>...
> Unless there's a reason to install 2.2.8, why not just install the
> 2.2.7 rpms from
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

The reason is that there is a security vulnerability in Samba versions
prior to 2.2.8a.

So, there is a very GOOD reason to do the upgrade. Let us all upgrade
together, and sing the hymn of praise, "It compiled on the first
make".

-dwiv (CATE/AIX)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fp98 mess
    ... purchase an upgrade of FrontPage 2003. ... The reason for the upgrade is that: ... You need to do a custom install and install only the FP ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: fp98 mess
    ... If planning to upgrade, there is no reason to install the prior version, as you only need to have ... FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Retailer copy of XP?
    ... > I did some work for a friend and his brother. ... I have not had much reason to use ... install an Upgrade version of XP overtop of an illegal version. ... In fact if you use an Upgrade version, even to do a clean install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: New Computer
    ... Another reason I hate Windows! ... Now my recent experience kind of ticked me off because I had installed my version of Word XP onto my original desktop when I purchased it, then put it on the other family computer for the girls and their school work and then finally onto my laptop. ... Eventually I purchased a new desktop and had to reinstall it and I had to call Microsoft to get a new activation code. ... Six months later, my husband is home from his surgery and I gave him the laptop to play with - eventually ended up with a virus that I just could not get completely rid of so I reformatted the harddrive and had to reinstall, again no issues, but I did have to call Microsoft also this time to install. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: fp98 mess
    ... And it's much cleaner install that way! ... | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc. ... purchase an upgrade of FrontPage 2003. ... The reason for this is ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)