Re: Can I get a system dump when the system is hanging

From: mark taylor (mky_at_talk21.com)
Date: 01/30/04

Date: 30 Jan 2004 03:41:49 -0800

> particular make sure sysdumpdev -L (iirc) shows "Always allow dump"

Sorry to correct your post Nick :( its lower case "l"

# sysdumpdev -l
primary /dev/lvdump
secondary /dev/sysdumpnull
copy directory /var/adm/ras
forced copy flag TRUE
always allow dump TRUE
dump compression OFF

To turn it on use sysdumpdev -K

-K The reset button or the dump key sequences will force a dump with the key in
the normal position, or on a machine without a key mode switch.

    Note: On a machine without a key mode switch, a dump can not be forced with
    the reset button nor the key switch without this value set.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sysdump copy dir.
    ... dump devices rather than using hd6. ... and the nature of the applications on the server. ... Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on ... forced copy flag TRUE ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: sysdump copy dir.
    ... How big should the copy dir be for a system dump? ... 0453-041 Estimated dump size in bytes: ... forced copy flag TRUE ... sysdumpdev estimate and I do not receive these errors. ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: sysdump copy dir.
    ... When you execute sysdumpdev -el do you recieve an ... 0453-041 Estimated dump size in bytes: ... forced copy flag TRUE ... always allow dump FALSE ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: sysdump copy dir.
    ... Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused ... 0453-041 Estimated dump size in bytes: ... forced copy flag TRUE ... always allow dump FALSE ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: /usr/lib/ras/dumpcheck error
    ... Ping Ai wrote: ... > forced copy flag TRUE ... > always allow dump TRUE ... Regards, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)