Re: IBM Network dispatcher problem

From: Bernardo Cabral (b.cabral_at_netcabo.pt)
Date: 04/05/04

Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:36:08 +0100

Mario Pranjic wrote:
> I have cluster name defined via DNS name. There was a change in DNS
> and the clsuter name is associated with different IP address.
>
> Now, removing/adding cluister into dispatcher doesn't help, the
> dispatcher itself is using old IP address. The machine is aware of new
> address, nslookup returns new address.
>
> Any idea why this happened?

The best way is to manually change the configuration file. It's a text
file, so it's easy to see if the old ip is there. Also, if I'm not
mistaken, you should also remake the authorization keys... I think it
dependes on the version.

BC

Relevant Pages

  • IBM Network dispatcher problem
    ... I have cluster name defined via DNS name. ... and the clsuter name is associated with different IP address. ... Now, removing/adding cluister into dispatcher doesn't help, the ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: SSH with a central host list?
    ... > Our networking team are using secure shell to access their network ... > I have been asked to see if there is a secure shell client, ... Ideally this would be just a text list of DNS names ... configuration file is different for each ssh client... ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: resolv.conf issues - suggestion (was Re: browser problems )
    ... I lost my DNS after reboot. ... # Configuration file for /sbin/dhclient, ... # This is a sample configuration file for dhclient. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Autodetect is not working for some users
    ... If they can go to http://wpad/wpad.dat and get the configuration file, ... DHCP is out of the picture as far as a source of the problem. ... some users are not taking the option from the DNS. ... users have the "automatically detect settings" checkbox on, ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)