upgrading from SC_DIAGNOSTIC open to SC_NO_RESERVE open.

vnagineni_at_gmail.com
Date: 01/20/05

Date: 20 Jan 2005 05:18:53 -0800

Hi,
I had opened a device with SC_DIAGNOSTIC | SC_NORESERVE flags.
Later i want to reopen the device with only SC_NORESERVE flag on, so
that i can issue some commands which are not allowed if the open is
done with SC_DIAGNOSTIC flag.
If the device is already opened with SC_DIANGOSTIC flag then it
does not allow any other open. So, to do this i have to close the
earlier open which is with SC_DIANGOSTIC flag and again i have to
reissue the open call without SC_DIAGNOSTIC flag.
During this brief window (closing the earlier open and issuing
the open again), OS can take away the device because of graceful
DynamicReconfiguration or do anything it can as nobody is using that
device(no 'open' is there). I want to avoid this window.
Briefly i want a method using which i can upgrade from
SC_DIAGNOSTIC mode open to SC_NORESERVE open without closing the
device. Could you please help me out in doing the same?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards

---
Venakta Sreenivasa Rao Nagineni