Clearing AIX ports?

ekulis_at_apple.com
Date: 02/16/05

Date: 15 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0800

Is there a way to clear a port on AIX without knowing what process is
using it?

When we try and start the Peoplesoft Tuxedo App Server often the boot
fails because of some port that's hung.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cruise Ship Shelter Plan Scuttled!
    ... >So, basically, FEMA pressured Carnival into chartering the ships ... I have a hard time blaming FEMA for not knowing that the evacuees ... They could definitely use the housing at the Port of New Orleans. ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: pyserial and file open conflict?
    ... open a file on disk for reading and then open a com-port, ... from the file to the port and then read something back and compare it ... he asked, already knowing the answer. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: How can I find is theres a server at port 8000?
    ... netstat -na tells me if its open OK. ... It would be nice to know what application has it open, but knowing its ... and then check for the port 8000 in that output. ... If you want to make it a single command, you can do something like this: ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: is scanner software available?
    ... I use paperport and wish they would ... port it to Linux. ... Knowing that may not happen soon I would need a frontend ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Computer Port Scanning - slightly OT - but a legal question.
    ... ADSL problem I have - and I was asking her what difference knowing ... Is port scanning legal? ... running a server then if that server is insecure or suffers from some kind ... don't even need a firewall. ...
    (uk.legal)