Re: Printing from an application? Sample code anywhere?

From: Torsten Schlabach (tschlabach_at_gmx.net)
Date: 08/17/05

Date: 17 Aug 2005 05:40:22 -0700

I wrote:

> but *I don't think* the way to do it would be to have my
> application call the command line tool?

Are you really telling me that the only way to print out something from
an application is to write it to a temporary file and then issue a
shell command through system?

I have a hard time believing this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on using /tmp
    ... >temporary file and my code is going to read something out of it. ... Only when I call the command in the form ... But I have to use tmpnam since ... It depends on what kind of security you are trying to implement, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: unresolved external error
    ... Command Lines Creating temporary file ... Build Log Rebuild started: Project: SimAPI, Configuration: Release|Win32 ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: unresolved external error
    ... Command Lines Creating temporary file ... Build Log Rebuild started: Project: SimAPI, Configuration: Release|Win32 ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: IPC::Open2::open2() -- How to pass strings stdin, stdout?
    ... That's what I'm doing now -- writing my stdin to a ... temporary file and getting stdout using backticks. ... Execute a given external program (command). ... print TEMP $stdin; ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Visual Studio 2003 MFC wizard code fails to run
    ... Did you look at your Resource View? ... The phrase "specified image file" implies to me that an image file is ... Creating temporary file "d:\Profiles\shbridges.REST\My Documents ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)