Applying ML Updates to NIM SPOT/LPPsource

Hi,

I just tried applying ML6 to my AIX 5.2 ML4 lppsource and SPOT, but the
update didn't seem to work - still showing at 5.2 ML4. I even tried
creating a new SPOT from my updated lppsource but it too is listed as
ML4. I didn't receive any errors during the updates. Here's the
procedure I used.

Update the lppsource:
- smitty nim_res
- Perform Operations on Resources
- select "aix520_04"
- select "update"
- select "add"
- "Media, directory or lpp_source to copy images from" =
/spdata/aix52_ml6 <- this is where my ML is located

Updated the SPOT:
- smitty nim_res
- Perform Operations on Resources
- select "spot_aix520_04"
- select "update_all"
- "Media, directory or lpp_source to copy images from" = aix520_04
(5.2 lpp source)

When I do an lsnim -l spot_aix520_04 I get:

spot_aix520_04:
class = resources
type = spot
plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location =
/spdata/sys1/install/aix520_04/spot/spot_aix520_04/usr
version = 5
release = 2
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 5200-04
alloc_count = 0
server = master
if_supported = chrp.mp ent
Rstate_result = success

Any ideas what I might have done wrong???

  • Re: NIM AIX 5.2 ALT DISK INSTALL
    ... >- holds AIX 5.1 SPOT and LPPSOURCE ... >Initializing the NIM master. ... DO NOT copy any files into the 5.1 lppsource! ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Antwort: mksysb restore error
    ... The simple answer is that the SPOT is just a thing you need for NIM, ... it should be at the same level as both the lppsource and ... but it might be better to do it through the NIM ... You can install, remove and update AIX filesets very much ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: overmount failure>??????
    ... Could you pls explain why my 5.2-ML03 mksysb restore would come out at ... Both my SPOT and LPPSOURCE, are at ML4 and allocated resources ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: TSM Sysback Restore to SAN -- bosboot failing
    ... SPOT and LPP_SOURCE resources. ... IBM hardware is a P55A. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: setup_server errors
    ... >> The problem here is that the needed lppsource exist in ... >> I cannot find a way to remove this particular item from NIM. ... How do I deconfigure this particular resource, ... > There are some default variables which you can change via smitty f.e. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)