Unix Administrator Position Available through COMSYS

My apologies if this is not the right forum for a job posting.
However, I am in need of a Unix Systems Engineer to do the following:

Primary administration for approx. (15) HMCs
Root password maintenance
Generating monthly metrics reports
Coordination and tracking of standard maintenance updates including the
following:
o Microcode management for AIX servers
o HP, AIX and SUN software orders
o Security alerts
o Obtainment of patches/new releases
Review of all server installations to ensure that the operating system
is hardened to our standards
Installation and configuration of Control-SA software on all applicable
servers
Maintenance of documentation repositories
Mgt. of our SarCheck agreement including the installation and
configuration of the software
Perform any system software changes, updates, installation, etc. that
are required across various platforms
Project management
Serve as resource and backup to primary and secondary Unix Systems
Engineers

Skills:
3-5 years experience in a networked, multi-platform environment
administering AIX , HP-UX and Solaris. Candidate must have advanced
knowledge of operating systems, hardware platforms and databases as
well as familiarity with communications, programming and supporting
software.Candidate should be familiar with administration of servers in
an LPAR environment. Candidate must posses the ability to diagnose and
resolve complex problems using experience and standard tools. Candidate
must posses excellent written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from customers and associates at varying degrees of technical expertise

Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.

This is a one year contract position with the option of going perm.
Location is Columbia, MD.

If interested and qualified, please send an updated resume with contact
information to pbrletic@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you.

Patty Brletic
Placement Manager
COMSYS
pbrletic@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Unix Admin Contract Position Available
    ... I am in need of a Unix Systems Engineer to do the following: ... Microcode management for AIX servers ... Installation and configuration of Control-SA software on all applicable ... Serve as resource and backup to primary and secondary Unix Systems ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... >> In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... >> Title: System/Network Administrator, Operations ... >> o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ... >> o 5.5 years of expert-level user/admin experience ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Scripting SMS 2003
    ... secondary sites and servers. ... The installation and configuration of SMS2003 on ... the servers is fully automated using VBscript for the most part. ... > When you make a site change in the console, it takes some time to become ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Time to start Linuxing..some questions?
    ... I used to run many unix systems including Lunix :-), years ago, mainly ... servers. ... Then I sold that company, and gave up having much to do with ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)