Re: syslog.conf

unixstudent wrote:
Hello fellow AIX user,

How can I limit the a log file in syslog.conf.. I inserted this
syslog.conf

*.info /var/log/messages
I want it to stop logging at like 512k

Thanks
unixstudent

What level of AIX are you using ... rotating and limiting of logs came
in for 5.1 IIRC .. check out /etc/syslog.conf as its all detailled in
there.

If not, then check out logrotate

http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/logrotate.html

HTH
Mark Taylor

  • Re: Logging components?
    ... I think Logging is pretty much individual, so that usualy everyone has their ... {Write Logged exception into the Log file? ... {Write exception with a short string description into the Global App Log ... > By logging components, I specifically DON'T MEAN components for catching ...
  • Re: Phantom /var full messages
    ... if you could isolate it to just snort or just MySQL. ... without restarting the program that's logging to them. ... compresses the current log file into a new file, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Annoying 1202 errors
    ... Enabling this logging tracks all changes and settings applied to the machine ... Name: UserEnvDebugLevel ... I recommend that you remove any existing log file and then use gpupdate ... feature GUEST. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Theodore Adorno, a prophet of data systems design
    ... >> Can you translate the above into English please? ... > at compile time or runtime, up to you) what level of logging you wish. ... >> a single log file from multiple threads for anyone with even a beginner's ... > Actually, I can't guarantee that it will work in a multithreaded program, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • RE: Unable to SEND faxes
    ... to verify that your modem/device is on the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility ... You could also turn on Session logging and see if that reveals any thing: ... 102,400 - Maximum size of a single log file, in bytes. ... incoming session logs folder ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)