Re: How to check if services are running or not

James wrote:
James wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to AIX. My past experience are mostly related to RH Linux.
I wondered how to check if a daemon service, say dhcpd, is running or
not.
In Linux, there is
service dhcpd on/off/status

Is there a similiar command in AIX?

Many thanks,

James

I guess to start and stop a daemon is using
startsrc -s stopsrc -s How about checking status?

man lssrc
lssrc -a
lssrc -s named
OR smitty > Processes & subsystems > subsystems ...
I'm sure there is a shortcut for smitty but i don't recall what is is.

sol

  • Re: How to check if services are running or not
    ... My past experience are mostly related to RH Linux. ... I wondered how to check if a daemon service, say dhcpd, is running or ... service dhcpd on/off/status ... Is there a similiar command in AIX? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: How to check if services are running or not
    ... My past experience are mostly related to RH Linux. ... I wondered how to check if a daemon service, say dhcpd, is running or ... service dhcpd on/off/status ... Is there a similiar command in AIX? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: How to check if services are running or not
    ... My past experience are mostly related to RH Linux. ... I wondered how to check if a daemon service, say dhcpd, is running or ... service dhcpd on/off/status ... Is there a similiar command in AIX? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • How to check if services are running or not
    ... My past experience are mostly related to RH Linux. ... I wondered how to check if a daemon service, say dhcpd, is running or ... service dhcpd on/off/status ... Is there a similiar command in AIX? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: LINUX vs AIX
    ... AIX has the best LVM implementation on any platform I've seen to date. ... > really think that real kernel issues care about whether the code is on ... > top of any given hardware, ... As Linux advocate, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)