Re: Missing filesets

Guenther wrote:
Hi,

I´m trying to install a new machine (LPAR). The following
filesets cannot be installed, ´cause there are missing
prerequirements:

MISSING REQUISITES: The following filesets are required by one or more
of the selected filesets listed above. They are not currently
installed
and could not be found on the installation media.

devices.pci.b315445a.diag 5.3.0.0 # Base Level Fileset
devices.pci.b315445a.rte 5.3.0.0 # Base Level Fileset
devices.vdevice.IBM.v-scsi-host.rte 5.3.0.0 # Base Level Fileset
devices.vtdev.scsi.rte 5.3.0.0 # Base Level Fileset

I cannot find these filesets on any AIX-CD. Any tips?

Have you tried looking here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fixcentral

I´m installing from a AIX 5.3 TL04 SP3 spot + lpp-source

Regards
Guenther

  • Re: probelms with oslevel -r after upgrading to latest fixes
    ... To install the invscout fileset updates, it warns you that you must ... you mentioned that you actually have a licensed version of AIX ... 5.3, not AIX 5.2, so you will not be able to find the missing filesets ... You can then use smit to de-install ANY filesets that are NOT required ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: boot image to large
    ... Enable System Backups to install any system ... then it will not install all those other filesets; ... Seems like AIX 5.2 has returned to the ... Subject: boot image to large ...
    (AIX-L)
  • (no subject)
    ... When I try to install the drivers I get the below missing filesets, I can't seem to find them any where... ... They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets ... Phones 4u Limited ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Missing Filesets.. Help Please !!
    ... When I try to install the drivers I get the below missing filesets, I can't seem to find them any where... ... They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets ... Phones 4u Limited ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Installation problems with AIX 5.2
    ... You should have 2 additionnal cdroms, ... only got a theory: AIX installation program first ... then selects which fileset to install ... installer to know whiwh filesets to install before having actually ...
    (comp.unix.aix)