RAID

hello,

I have recently converted a RAID 5 data array (not OS). to a RAID 1E (or 1+0
as its also known) over 4 physical volumes. Prior to the change we were
performing backups that averaged (to an LTO2) about 2Gig/min. Since the
change backups seem to be throttling to about 750 M/min and i have noticed
that the reads for the backup now mainly occur from one drive at a time. i
would have thought that we would have gained in performance here given the
nature of 1E - could there be an apparent explination for the drop?

cheers
moth

.