Re: Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
- From: "jp" <jpires@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 10 Jan 2007 04:59:13 -0800
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an
external e-mail address.
I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone
on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone
outside the company it says host unknown.
Is there something I need to set-up to make this work?
I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open
source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an
executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay
Can I get a similar program for AIX
add an entry to your /etc/hosts file
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your smtp server.
you can add all the domains you need with the same ip address.
It works for me ...
- Prev by Date: IBM exam 000-071 v7
- Next by Date: Re: Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
- Previous by thread: Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
- Next by thread: Re: Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address