Re: Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address

Tom wrote:
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an
external e-mail address.
I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone
on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone
outside the company it says host unknown.
Is there something I need to set-up to make this work?
I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open
source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an
executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay
server.
Can I get a similar program for AIX

/Tom

Try this:

add an entry to your /etc/hosts file

eg:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx hotmail.com
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx domain1.com
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx domain2.com

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your smtp server.

note:
you can add all the domains you need with the same ip address.

It works for me ...

.