Re: JFS to JFS2 ...

astalavista wrote:
Hi,

Is there a tool to convert JFS filesystems to JFS2 ?
AIX 5.3

Thanks advance ...

No tools. There are some write ups out there on how to do this on rootvg.

I did this in my last job on over 5TB of file systems. Took a couple of months with the downtime I had, but it was worth it. My memory utilization on the larger volume systems dropped immensely.

  • Re: large file system enabled
    ... My current os level is aix 5.1, ... > restrictions on it about file systems, ... > IMO, looking at the way the file systems were introduced, I think JFS ... > with large file enabled was a stepping stone to the JFS2 file systems. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: importing vg from AIX 4.3 to 5.1 and back
    ... importing vg from AIX 4.3 to 5.1 and back ... Someone is asking for help in recovering file systems on a 4.3 system, ... the behavior of this and whether 5.1 would have converted them to JFS2 ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Re: Large pages
    ...  There is surely a shortage of excellent Oracle ... AIX exposition. ... Unix commands involving file IO on ANY file in such file systems! ... All jfs2 file systems mounted with cio option. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: JFS2 patches applied on 5.2 AIX (fwd)
    ... J|> After we applied the AIX 5.2 patches as of 12/07/2004 the system ... J|> JFS2 problems and a look at the IBM site revealed that there are some ... I did not look at the kernel dump to extracct this info. Could you tell me ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: which OutputStreams are buffered?
    ... It may have been another AIX quirk, ... "The syncfunction shall cause all information in memory that updates file systems to be scheduled for writing out to all file systems. ... "The fsync() function shall request that all data for the open file descriptor named by fildes is to be transferred to the storage device associated with the file described by fildes. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)