- From: Ashok Sangra <aksangra@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:52:16 -0000
On Jun 21, 11:53 am, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
This morning is find that somehow my / is 100% full. I'd like to check
/var/log/messages, but on AIX that seems to be done with errpt. Reading
the man page, I can't figure out which option I need to get something
Help is appreciated.
Pls check the following:
/etc/security/failedlogin - After a backup of the current file, use
cp /dev/null /etc/security/failedlogin to reset the file size to 0.
Use the find command to trace and remove files greater than a
Check /dev for entries which are not device files for example
mispelled device files. Invalid files in this folder will have size
greater than 500 Bytes.
Also check for unnecessery files of large size manually copied to
the / and folders in it.
- From: Huub
- Prev by Date: Re: /var/log/messages?
- Next by Date: Re: Where is OS installed?
- Previous by thread: Re: /var/log/messages?
- Next by thread: AIX + Oracle ASM + EMC Symmetrix - low performance