Re: Is there a way to mount a JFS with Direct I/O on system reboot?

"Gregory Young" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:g6dlhq$e30$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
steven_nospam at Yahoo! Canada <steven_nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
oslevel -s
5300-06-04-0748

When using Enhanced JFS, is there a way to allow AIX to automatically
mount the file system with the Direct I/O option?

To do this now, I use the following command:

# mount -odio /samplefs

However, I would like to set up the file system so that it is
automatically mounted using that option. In the "smitty chjfs2"
screen, there is the following field:

Mount OPTIONS []

You should be able to just type dio into that field and commit. Check
/etc/filesystems after you've done that and it ought to be listed on the
options line in the right fs stanza.

Regards,
Gregory Young

Easier way is to use the chfs command :

chfs -a options=dio <mountpoint>

Mark

  • Re: Is there a way to mount a JFS with Direct I/O on system reboot?
    ... mount the file system with the Direct I/O option? ... In the "smitty chjfs2" ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Is there a way to mount a JFS with Direct I/O on system reboot?
    ... is there a way to allow AIX to automatically ... mount the file system with the Direct I/O option? ... I would like to set up the file system so that it is ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: mount() function problem !
    ... mount() attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a device name, ... point within a file system. ... details of the options available for each filesystem type. ... Specifies the journalling mode for file data. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: bin, sbin, etc as seperate LVM volumes
    ... RD>>that's where mount lives, and you almost certainly need to mount ... driver modules needed to get to the root file system. ... to start with -- these all must be all on the same file system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... If you see /etc/rc.sysinit you can see some sections for managing raid partitions. ... Otherwise specify the same mkraid and mount command in /etc/rc.local. ... it has no proper file system to mount. ... For address and company registration details of certain entities ...
    (RedHat)