Re: Firmware Query
- From: Dheepa <dheeparajaguru@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:36:31 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 8, 8:08 pm, Friedhelm Neyer <Friedhelm.Ne...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hajo Ehlers schrieb:
On Nov 7, 4:15 pm, Dheepa <dheeparajag...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to do ML upgrade on one of my (IBM,9133-55A)Power 5+
Current OS Level : 5300-04-03
Current Firmware Level : SF240_219
and i would like to update to latest ML ie 5300-08
Can anyone please help me in knowing whether the current firmware isFYI:
suitable for doing latest ML update(5300-08) or do i need to update
the latest firware (SF240-338)before doing ML upgrade?
From 5300-04 to 5300-08 is an TL update ( technolgy update )
From 5300-04-03 to 5300-04-09 would an SP update ( Service pack)
In case a firmware update is needed by an TL update it should be
noted . Eitherway you can check
as an addition have a look to:
(fix level recommendation tool)
for firmware updates to your platform.
A quick look even mention that you have to have a certain TL level for
an microcode update.
Hajo- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Thanks a lot for all your replies.
- Prev by Date: Re: lsuser ALL / lsgroup ALL in C
- Next by Date: ML Update Queries
- Previous by thread: Re: Firmware Query
- Next by thread: handling special characters in AIX with C