Unix AIX

What is the best way to clear semaphores and shared memory, sometimes
we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away
and the server hangs, i would apprecaite a list of commands for unix
aix, we are on version 6.1

Thanks!!

  • Re: Unix AIX
    ... we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away ... My experience is if they don't go away from properly formatted ipcs / ipcrm ... kernel threads. ... In which case you need to kill the owning process (which is already dead, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Unix AIX
    ... SAPUNIX wrote: ... we run those ipcs and ipcrm commands but some of them do not go away ... and the server hangs ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: [Info-ingres] SPAM: Re: Need help to restore ingres appl
    ... after shutting down the ingres, ... Thats also good. ... The ipcrm commands I gave you were an ... ipcs is clean. ...
    (comp.databases.ingres)