Re: IPsec with WinXP(home ed.)

From: Wolfgang Keller (wkeller_at_freenet.de)
Date: 02/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:34:49 +0100

Hi

yes, i have had it up and running (IKE between Windows XP home and FBSD 4.6
running racoon). the main issue I have had was the config on the windows
platform (do not use any wizard or bidirectional setting) and the order of
the encryption/authentication algorithms.

for more details I have to dig deeper into my old configs.

BR

Wolfgang
"Antonin Vecera" <fd733@volny.cz> wrote in message
> Has anybody connected FreeBSD with WinXP(home ed.) via IPsec?
> Is it achievable?
>
> Antonin V.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP is great
    ... > The OS'es and Apps (Linux & Windows) allude to being user-customizable by ... You seem to prescribe to the theory of BG that any fault found in it ... of those who refuse to admit to and fix them, ... I'm sorry but to say it should never be changed from default config is ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Linux / UNIX Distributions VAIO Laptop Installation
    ... I've been stuck working on Windows based systems for the last several ... years due to compatibility issues with proprietary software from work ... I'm used to configuring options straight in the config ... Whilst I like Debian, and gnome - the default desktop - I have found better support from its more swashbuckling descendant, Ubuntu. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: CUPS and HPLJ and yast
    ... > Any advice on how to approach the config of the suse box with directly ... You can individually point the remaining workstations at the printer, ... allow anonymous access to the CUPS print server. ... I have set my local network up as a Windows Domain, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: help with 2000i on win2k server (sp3 on database)
    ... See Leonard's post for the config options. ... If the server is mangling itself, then ANYTHING running on the server ... that I work with will support the database AND the application. ... As for Windows vs. Linux/NetWare, I can agree, but I also see MANY ...
    (comp.databases.btrieve)
  • Re: AD Policy audit tool for Windows 2000
    ... Configuration and Administration - it's an MMC snap-in) to compare ... vendor and delta it against the config on the box. ... client's system differs from the default group policy config. ... >> active directory after a default Windows 2000 installation. ...
    (Security-Basics)