Re: K3B problems

From: Conrad J. Sabatier (conrads_at_cox.net)
Date: 08/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:42:10 GMT

    In article <6c8e8cb1.0408221253.1b544848@posting.google.com>,
    Mihai <mihaibn@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am having this problem with K3B. It works only when I run it as
    >root. As normal user it doesn't detect my writer and my cdrom.
    >
    >Can you please tell me what to do? I'm sure it's some chmod issue....
    >
    >Regards,
    >Mihai

    See /usr/ports/sysutils/k3b/pkg-message.

    --
    Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"

    • Re: Configuring USB for kooka
      ... Alan Prescott wrote: ... Since only root has access I can't get at it as a normal user without a ... chmod. ... or you can use konqueror as root to do the same. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Configuring USB for kooka
      ... Since only root has access I can't get at it as a normal user without a ... 'scanner' or 'usb' and using that would be ideal. ... or you can use konqueror as root to do the same. ... I can do a chmod to get myself privileges it's just a PITA to have ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: fstab troubles
      ... A normal user can mount the device, yet it's only writable by root: ... chmod a+rwx /bigdisk ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: fstab troubles
      ... A normal user can mount the device, yet it's only writable by root: ... chmod a+rwx /bigdisk ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
      ... permission from your *normal user* account by exercising root privileges ... user to root. ...  Done with sudo! ...   i - puts vi in insert mode ...
      (SuSE)