Re: Matrox G450 Dual head Video card problems...

From: Martin Smith (Martin_at_rakupottery.org.uk)
Date: 08/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:02:32 +0000

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:37:38 -0500, "james <at> hal-pc.org" <> wrote:
> Jason wrote:
>> One thing I did was download some drivers from Matrox, and put the files
>> (mga_drv.o and mga_hal.o) into /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers
>
> that's odd.. i have:
> mga_drv.o and mga_hal_drv.o that i got from Matrox.
> did you download the source and build it or did you use the precompiled
> version?
> what version of the driver did you get?
> i'm using version 3 of the precompiled drivers from Matrox and they work
> great.

could you possibly give me a url for these files, just had a look
at the matrox site and cant find anything, thanks

--
Martin Smith

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Video Card for Woody
    ... >> EndSection ... I found that the XFree drivers worked better than ... You can get the Matrox drivers here ... > have to install some other module to use the XFree86 driver)? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Matrox G450 Dual head Video card problems...
    ... > One thing I did was download some drivers from Matrox, ... mga_drv.o and mga_hal_drv.o that i got from Matrox. ... just in case Jason, here's my XConfig: ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Matrox G450 Dual head Video card problems...
    ... > did you download the source and build it or did you use the precompiled ... I downloaded the precompiled drivers from Matrox (I believe they are ... fired up (after copying the drivers into the directory) only one screen ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Matrox G450 or nVidia Quadro NVS on FC2
    ... On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 09:48, Aaron Scamehorn wrote: ... being a Matrox G450 user myself, I'd have to recommend you go with the ... True, it's an older card and maybe not a 3D screamer, but it's got ... EndSection ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] Matrox G550 3D acceleration activated on Suse Linux 9.0
    ... > on my MATROX G550 dual head graphics card. ... > EndSection ... > To use 3D and one monitor, ...
    (SuSE)