smbd "Error was socket is not connected"

From: Bob (no.spam_at_see.the-sig.con)
Date: 10/10/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:58:33 +0100

smbd (Samba) produces the following message (on ttyv0) regularly,
sometimes only every few days, sometimes several times in an hour:

        lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1000)
        getpeername failed. Error was socket is not connected
        Connection denied from 0.0.0.0

I've read that it's a DNS (I'm running BIND 9) problem, but I cannot
work out what causes the problem.

Anyone know?

--
Bob

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Solaris Pam_krb5.so.1 problem after installing MIT 1.6.3
    ... I agree that they could add this entry to DNS, ... be added in the future to avoid rebuilding Samba and installing MIT ... Although if possible I would rather not use Solaris Kerberos ... I did use the net ads join after recompiling Samba and the --dns-update ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Joining XP to Samba PDC (DNS SRV records issues)
    ... 2.- Create UNIX and Samba accounts and passwords for XP users and machines. ... The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location ... - The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS. ... (the root zone) ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: (WAS) Lost in Samba 2.2.8 (long...)
    ... But donna took up the cudgel offline, and I now have Samba 2.2.8a (and ... SMBD and NMBD is v2.2.8a ... TELLOP * Proper TZ recommended for Samba * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Samba wont dance (more info)
    ... changes invoke another contest round for who gets to be the master, ... Watching a friend's all-XP network, over a number of years, has shown me ...  What method is used (hosts, DNS, lmhosts) in which order, ... # This is the main Samba configuration file. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] what does 127.0.1.1 mean?
    ... Then you don't have ddns working _completely_. ... The first is to use 'dynamic dns' where the DHCP server tells the DNS ... I thought SAMBA was acting as a Domain Controller and that the AD was ... but it seems only for the Windows clients. ...
    (SuSE)