Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?

From: Arnoud (galactus_at_stack.nl)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:01:36 +0000 (UTC)

In article <10ntno65fv2cobc@news.supernews.com>,
Martin <nospam@example.org> wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? The servers

I'm very happy with unison:
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

It uses ssh for transport, it's easy to configure and very
convenient to use.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself

  • Re: How to Xterm to Red Hat from Exceed?
    ... >>through your SSH connection. ... > server running on my laptop and working with X programs ssh-tunneled ... > from remote servers is a standard mode of operation. ... > SSH client on the laptop. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?
    ... > Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? ... Use rsync and use ssh for the transfer protocol. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
    ... > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't ... On all of the 50 remote servers create SSH DSA keys and ... Then, from the central server, use: ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Remote delete files?
    ... How to delete files that exist on remote servers, ... If you have ssh access you can write the command in one line like this: ... the file is owned by the root, but my ssh can't allow root login, is it ... Open a ssh shell as normal user on the remote machine and and then get root ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)