Re: cvsupd question

From: Piotr Smyrak (piotr.smyrak_at_eko.org.pl.spam)
Date: 11/18/04

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:01:11 +0000 (UTC)

On 2004-11-18, Tejas Kokje <kokje@isi.edu> wrote:

> While updating ports tree using cvsup will it download the source
> files also or will it download only skeleton files from the
> cvsup server ??
>
> I want to know this before I update.

Just port skeletons. It would take couple nice gigas for
distfiles. And would be erh... pointless?

--
 Piotr Smyrak, piotr.smyrak.eko.org.pl

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 4.8 to 5.0
    ... When it does download it ... >>big bugs they will come up on the mailling list. ... > While this is true - the question that remains unaddressed is, can he CVSUP ... but check the archives for the details. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Is the handbook no longer installed?
    ... just download it pre-built. ... I was suggesting you download the Handbook ... not cvsup the Handbook's sources. ... Handbook in html-split format (you can get any other supported format ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • upgrade from 4.8 to 5.1
    ... when I tried to make buildworld. ... I use cvsup or ... download the source from ftp server and the results is ...
    (freebsd-newbies)
  • Re: Traffic upgrade 5.2.1 to 5.3
    ... > I have limited download, so, if I update the sources using cvsup ... > in order to make buildworld ..., is there a way to roughly estimated ... > as it is while upgrading. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Really stupid
    ... > I can't for the life of me navigate the FreeBSD site to find the ... You can download the sources using cvs or cvsup. ...
    (freebsd-arch)