Re: Java 1.4.2 on Free BSD 5.2.1

From: John Smith (jsmith_at_macroshaft.com)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:16:51 -0500

assuming you've unpacked your ports.tar.gz properly:

cd /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
make install

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 06:38:15 -0800, smshinde wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I want to install Java 1.4.2 on my FreeBSD 5.2.1 machine.
> I started by giving make command in /usr/ports/java/jdk14 directory.
> Each time it asks for a new file having .tar or .gz extension.
> Noting these files, I have downloaded about 7 to 8 big files from the
> internet.
> Each time 'making' it, it asks for a new file.
> Can we get the list of all files for installing a particular port at
> one location?
> Do I have to download all such files from the internet for installing
> each port?
> I want to install Gnome also. How many files do I need to download?
> I have downloaded ports.tar.gz which is about 25 MB and carries most of
> the patches? How to extract it and in which folder?
> Please help me in learning FreeBSD.
>
> -Sameer Shinde, Chiplun

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best freeware available?
    ... > download it all the way and is stuck somewhere in the middle. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... Empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and make sure the ... install a third-party application and configure/maintain it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Serious Spyware issues ...
    ... download a screen saver and install it as my ... >run Ad-Aware many times and hijack this. ... >until the next time I connect to the Internet, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Downloading XP Service Pack 1 error
    ... If not installed download Adaware and update ... > connected to the Internet through a server, ... > My downloads don't install easily either. ...
  • Re: New comp. Got infected before SP2 installed.
    ... did another clean install of XP - and this time ... download the MS big fixes and Norton AV definition updates. ... C drive before trying to use the internet. ... > broadband arrived so Windows Update would work faster. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Serious Spyware issues ...
    ... windows, hijacked startup sites of IE, IE bars installed, and even had ... download a screen saver and install it as my ... until the next time I connect to the Internet, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)