Re: Blank DVD+RW

From: Ryan Budge (rbudgie_spam_at_worldonline.co.za)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:49:02 +0000

MattD.. wrote:
> After replacing Ryan Budge with a small shell script on Monday 23 May 2005
> 21:40, the following appeared on stdout:
>

>>su-2.05b# dvd+rw-format -blank /dev/acd1
>

> Try using the SCSI emulation device, cd1 instead.

D'oh... Ok I compiled in atapicam and it sees my drives on boot.

but :-
su-2.05b# dvd+rw-format -blank /dev/cd1
* DVDRW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.10.
* 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
- illegal command-line option for this media.
- you have the option to re-run dvd+rw-format with:
   -lead-out to elicit lead-out relocation for better
              DVD-ROM compatibility, data is not affected;
   -force to enforce new format (not recommended)
              and wipe the data.

I still seem to be doing something wrong.

*groan*...

Ryan.

Relevant Pages

  • Do dvd+rw-tools work in FC1/FC2?
    ... to blank a dvd+rw on RHL 9. ... I used the dvd+rw to backup from ... DVDRW format utility by, ... illegal command-line option for this media. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how to erase DVD+RW on FC2
    ... >> root. ... >> disk? ... DVDRW format utility by, ... illegal command-line option for this media. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Hacker on my system ?
    ... Who's to say the format utility isn't compromised as well? ... Doing the repartition is normally done from a boot CD or network boot. ... box to examine the logs with the tools from Knoppix, not local tools, ... These are harsh lessons learned way, way back in the Morris Worm ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SCSI BIOS & WinXP Pro installation
    ... format utility. ... When I turn the computer on, the SCSI BIOS has no problem seeing the ... drives. ...
    (comp.periphs.scsi)
  • Boot loader problem
    ... All I want to do is boot my OS ... Used FORMAT utility to format the C: drive –typed “format c:” ... Used MKDISK utility to write the boot sector and transfer boot sector ... Restarted the device so that the OS can boot off the hard disk ...