Re: freebsd-5.2.1+ php-4.3.9 + gd-2.0.33

From: lark (lark1341-widgetaccount_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/31/05

Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:26:15 GMT

Encapsulin wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am tryin to compile PHP with GD support under FreeBSD-5.2.1:
>
> # cd php-4.3.11
> # ./configure \
> --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.33/ \
> --with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ \
> --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/ \
> --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/

> checking for GD support... yes
> checking for the location of libpng... /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/
> If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR>
> configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found.
>
> why libpng.(a|so) not found ?
>
> # ls -l /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 160448 May 31 12:48
> /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a
>
> What is my mistake? Where to read about correct way to install php
> + gd + libjpeg + libpng ?

doesn't look like you have compiled your png and zlib and jpeg code! i
think you need to compile those babies first and then provide the path
of the compiled code to php for compilation.

i think you can read a lot of php related stuff and how to compile
different sources into it at their site php.net

hope this helps.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: com_dotnet
    ... And if MySQL isn't installed, the DLL won't load and phpinfowill show MySQL support isn't enabled. ... The MySQL interface is NOT compiled into PHP on the distributed Windows binaries - or you'd never be able to run PHP unless you had MySQL installed. ... *SOME* extensions are protocols, some are functional resources, and some are just type libraries. ... If you're going to compile the extension into PHP itself, the libraries must be available at compile time, and when you run PHP, or PHP won't load. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: upgrage from 4.1.2 to 4.3.3+?
    ... > every available RPM for the distro...and there isn't one for PHP. ... > And also, I uh, don't believe I've ever recompiled Apache or PHP. ... Well - You could compile your own version of Apache and PHP and place it ... port number - By this I mean, whenever you visit a website, it defaults ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: HOWTO: FreeTDS for Newbies (almost complete)
    ... it still wouldn't compile properly. ... cool -- PHP provides 3 ways to load extensions dynamically. ... So I tried changing the comma "," in $server to a colon ":". ... learning how to compile Apache with all the proper modules enabled ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: HOWTO: FreeTDS for Newbies (almost complete)
    ... it still wouldn't compile properly. ... >above inside php.ini, or to use dlto the top of your php ... >learning how to compile Apache with all the proper modules enabled ... >* Or I'll need a .so that someone has made for PHP that enables SQL ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: php compile options
    ... On Friday 09 September 2005 11:13, the author Kevin Kinsey contributed to the ... Re: php compile options: ... When php5 is compiled from ports I understand a file is generated to ... Options expressed on the command line for php are normally in lower ...
    (freebsd-questions)