proftpd 1.2.10 and hosts.allow

From: Jørn-Morten Innselset (jm_at_innselset.no)
Date: 07/21/05

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:21:32 +0200

Is anyone using hosts.allow to limit access to proftpd? I can't seem to get
this to work:

/etc/hosts.allow:

proftpd : ALL : deny

The proftpd mod_wrap module is compiled in, but all the documentation I can
find mentions the use of a hosts.deny file, while this has been deprecated
on FreeBSD for some time.

--
jmi

Relevant Pages

  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... With tcpserver you can tell it to listen on ports ... listens is called tcpserver and you can tell it to ignore or allow certain ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... Kaos wrote: ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... Maybe I misunderstood the question, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... You'll want to use a firewall like ipchains or iptables ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... Subject: blocking ip's with proftpd ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... > I cant find anything on the web...... ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: proftpd 1.2.10 and hosts.allow
    ... > Is anyone using hosts.allow to limit access to proftpd? ... > The proftpd mod_wrap module is compiled in, but all the documentation I can ... not if the server is running standalone. ... Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)