Re: Am I hacked, by Charlie Root?

On 2006-01-12, Jason Bourne <j_bourne_treadstone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Russell Wood wrote:
> [snip]
>>

>> Oh, that elusive Charlie Root...
>
> Greetings:
>
> As root if you run vipw you will see the Charlie Root on the first line.
> This is the default from install and you are free to change it anything you
> desire.
>
> -Jason

Has anyone else changed it to Enoch Root?

  • Re: Am I hacked, by Charlie Root?
    ... Oh, that elusive Charlie Root... ... As root if you run vipw you will see the Charlie Root on the first line. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Am I hacked, by Charlie Root?
    ... >>> toor 0 ... >Oh, that elusive Charlie Root... ... Bill ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: How is the root password stolen?
    ... Adam suggested this vipw command and I see some other people ... following the two commands and deleted the password field between two ... Place it in the root entry. ... log in as you change the root password with the passwd command. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Newbieish Desktop Questions
    ... modify root's default shell. ... At a root prompt, type vipw. ... 'Charlie &'...just a little bit nicer. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Delete the Users
    ... I could log-in as a root in the data server of my friend, ... If you have root, then run vipw. ... - First delete everything in the home directory. ... to vipw and delete the entry from the password file. ...
    (freebsd-questions)