What is autoreconf...I don't seem to have it.

It appears that the "autoreconf" is a command in Unix/FreeBSD.

However, while I was updating my drm drivers, an ./autogen.sh script
runs:
# ========================
#! /bin/sh

srcdir=`dirname $0`
test -z "$srcdir" && srcdir=.

ORIGDIR=`pwd`
cd $srcdir

autoreconf -v --install || exit 1
cd $ORIGDIR || exit $?

$srcdir/configure --enable-maintainer-mode "$@"
#========================================

....and returns:

autoreconf: not found

What is autoreconf? It appears that it is a UNIX command, but my
FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE has no idea what it is.

cheers,
stoomaroo

  • Re: [SLE] autoconf not found
    ... How about trying to run ./autogen.sh or, if that does not exist, autoreconf -fi? ... After taken a closer look to the script, it seems that this line doesn't work... ... : command not founde 8: ... unset MAKEFLAGS ...
    (SuSE)
  • autoreconf: g++ compiler options in configure.ac
    ... I am using autoreconf to generate a configure script, ... When I run the configure script, I was expecting to see the compiler ... How do I make the revised compiler flags take effect? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)