Intel ICH7 SATA150 and Maxtor 6L250S0

Hi,
i have one of my systems running FreeBSD-5.4 and now want to change to
FreeBSD-6.0, but when i boot from the CD the second Harddisk is not
working.

What i find out: on FBSD5.4 the Controller is found as: "atapci0 <GENERIC
ATA controller>" but on FBSD6.6: "atapci0 <INTEL ICH7 SATA150 controller>".

Does anybody knows about problems with the INTEL SATA Controllers and
Maxtor-HDs ?

thx, Stephan Weber

  • Re: Intel ICH7 SATA150 and Maxtor 6L250S0
    ... Stephan Weber wrote: ... i have one of my systems running FreeBSD-5.4 and now want to change to ... but when i boot from the CD the second Harddisk is not ... Michel TALON ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Installing Win2K and Win98 on VPC 7
    ... > My job requires supporting older systems running our custom software ... > I have a CD in the drive and assume it's captured as 'Capture Disc' on ... > and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Installing Win2K and Win98 on VPC 7
    ... My job requires supporting older systems running our custom software ... I then do the 'Reset' on the 'PC' ... and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: NTFDL File using 2 HDD
    ... You're correct about the spelling - my fault. ... get the XP CD to Boot. ... >Mike wrote: ... >>I have 2 systems running XP each with dual HDD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)