Re: freebsd 6.1-RELEASE and windowmaker 0.92 and gnome 2.14

In article <SSrog.18897$_J1.236165@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
daniele pendenza <thread80it@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi I am DAniele,

i am trying to compile the windowmaker port on FreeBSD so that the
windowmaker will be able to talk to the GNOME d.e.. Before making and
installing the windowmaker port i changed its MAkefile so that
'CONFIGURE_ARGS' has also the '--enable-gnome' parameter. Is this the
only change one has to do befare the "make install" command ? And, after
the port has been installed how can i check if windowmaker has been
compiled with the "--enable-gnome" parameter ?
THank You so much for your advices,
daniele

The configure script for Windowmaker has no such switch as "--enable-gnome"
(I just checked).

Judging from the Makefile's use of "USE_GNOME=", my guess would be that
GNOME support is compiled in by default.

As for your last question, the best way to keep a record of any special
options you used to build a port is to add an entry in
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf (used by portupgrade). This will also ensure
that the same options will be used when you later upgrade the port via
portupgrade.

Hope this helps at least some.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@xxxxxxx> -- "In Unix veritas"

  • ANNOUNCE: release 2 of DJGPP port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 uploaded.
    ... This is a port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... This is necessary to be able to compile a GDB version with TUI support. ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
  • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.24 uploaded.
    ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.24 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port allows a maximal number of 4294967296 relocations per object file ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
  • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 uploaded.
    ... This is a port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... Please note that I have no hardware to test if the drivers really work. ... To compile this program the allegro library and certain ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
  • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 uploaded.
    ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port has a working> 64k relocation support. ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
  • Re: upgrage from 4.1.2 to 4.3.3+?
    ... > every available RPM for the distro...and there isn't one for PHP. ... > And also, I uh, don't believe I've ever recompiled Apache or PHP. ... Well - You could compile your own version of Apache and PHP and place it ... port number - By this I mean, whenever you visit a website, it defaults ...
    (comp.lang.php)