Re: Local mail delivery problem with maildrop

Mike Clarke <UCEblock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm trying to set up my system to use fetchmail-6.3.4_3 to collect mail from
my ISP's pop3 server and then pass it to the relevant users. Each user
could have a variety of amail addresses so fetchmail passes each message to
maildrop-2.0.2 which examines the To: header and passes it to the
appropriate user.
[...]
I can pass the message to exim by putting SENDMAIL="/usr/local/sbin/exim -f
$FROM" in /usr/local/etc/maildroprc and everything goes to the right places
except that exim insists on replacing the sender name in the
envelope "From " line with MAILER-DAEMON. I was under the impression I
could prevent this by adding local_from_check = false and
local_sender_retain = true to /usr/local/etc/exim/configure but it has no
effect. I've tried this as root and as a normal user (with
untrusted_set_sender = * and trusted_users set to my user name) but without
any success.

Could anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

No, but you could let fetchmail feed its mail via SMTP into exim¹ and
let that care about delivery. That's what it's there for. :-)

I've no clue about exim but that works well with Postfix and qmail.

fetchmailrc-snippet:

defaults
protocol pop3
fetchall
smtphost your.host.name

Or even
smtphost localhost

Mit schönem Gruß
- Thomas

¹ I'm assuming it's not only there, but configured and running as
well... :-)

--
... ist FreeBSD mittlerweile was für 'Weicheier'?
Ja.