Re: Local mail delivery problem with maildrop

Mike Clarke <UCEblock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm trying to set up my system to use fetchmail-6.3.4_3 to collect mail from
my ISP's pop3 server and then pass it to the relevant users. Each user
could have a variety of amail addresses so fetchmail passes each message to
maildrop-2.0.2 which examines the To: header and passes it to the
appropriate user.
[...]
I can pass the message to exim by putting SENDMAIL="/usr/local/sbin/exim -f
$FROM" in /usr/local/etc/maildroprc and everything goes to the right places
except that exim insists on replacing the sender name in the
envelope "From " line with MAILER-DAEMON. I was under the impression I
could prevent this by adding local_from_check = false and
local_sender_retain = true to /usr/local/etc/exim/configure but it has no
effect. I've tried this as root and as a normal user (with
untrusted_set_sender = * and trusted_users set to my user name) but without
any success.

Could anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

No, but you could let fetchmail feed its mail via SMTP into exim¹ and
let that care about delivery. That's what it's there for. :-)

I've no clue about exim but that works well with Postfix and qmail.

fetchmailrc-snippet:

defaults
protocol pop3
fetchall
smtphost your.host.name

Or even
smtphost localhost

Mit schönem Gruß
- Thomas

¹ I'm assuming it's not only there, but configured and running as
well... :-)

--
... ist FreeBSD mittlerweile was für 'Weicheier'?
Ja.

  • Re: Re(2): POP3 in Debian
    ... fetchmail can not deliver to mbox. ... POP3 server is accepting one blank and not two. ... If this is bug on Debian package which is a bit too tight than what RFC ... maybe complain to ISP or Zimba POP3 server developer. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fetchmail Problems
    ... mail spool ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fetchmail troubles with faulty headers
    ... > octets) fetchmail: incorrect header line found while scanning headers ... You can telnet to a POP3 server and delete directly on the server ... You could have found the answer searching goups.google.com, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Verizon "sub-accounts" and fetchmail
    ... > Fetchmail to pull my mail from two or three servers and put this into my ... > website, and I would like to pull in the mail for these, too. ... > account, as well a mail waiting for me in another account. ... > POP3 server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: fetchmail -> sendmail problem
    ... email (from a pop3 server), and fetchmail passes the email to my local ... sendmail daemon who gives it to my local imap server. ...
    (freebsd-stable)