Re: FreeBSD on sparc64

On 11 Jun 2007 20:57:22 GMT, Philip Paeps <philip+usenet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Barr <stanb45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There can't be many of us running FreeBSD sparc64, with Solaris 10 being
freely available...

Of course, with OpenSolaris, you could probably throw useless stuff out of
their kernel, but I would imagine it's easier with FreeBSD. In all honesty,
Solaris doesn't interest me much at home. I fight with it enough at work.

Chances are I'm not the only one. :-)

I cheat...I run both at home. I'm playing with x86 Solaris atm, but Sun
gear is much nicer than cheap PCs, so I'm looking for a bigger and better
Sun box :-)

(also got Linux on x86 and PPC and various PDP-11 unices going back as
far as 1974...but FreeBSD does seem the "cleanest" and neatest.)

Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com
(Remove any digits from the addresses when mailing me.)

The future was never like this!