Re: firefox 2 on FreeBSD 6.1

Just for the record:

~# X -version

X Window System Version 6.9.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005

If it was upgraded it would be 7.0, I think. And, yes, I am running
RELEASE.

I am using packages instead of ports whenever possible for obvious
reasons. They are
much quicker to install.

Installation went quickly, with only a few other packages upgraded,
and with a couple of warnings
about the versions being too old (nss, nspr, glib, etc.)

Considering portupgrade, I've seen a thread here, where person tried
and failed with firefox. I didn't even bothered to try because what I
did was quick and simple. Nice, little UNIX hack. I am going to write
a shell script and try on another machine. If all goes ok, I am going
to post the script here. It might help someone. It might not be in
spirit of this or that, but it makes life easier.

DG

.