Serial port questions

Hi, I'm after some tips on how to accomplish something. What I'd like to do
is have the contents of /var/log/security piped to the first serial port
(/dev/cuad0 ?), then use something suitably quaint (like an Apple //) to
display it.

Using minicom and an old Tandy 100 (don't ask) I've established that the
cable I'm using works fine, so now I just need to do the following:

Set /dev/cuad0 to be 1200 baud, 8-none-1
Pipe /var/log/security to it.

Any tips on how to do this would be very welcome. I'm using FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE #0

Thank you very much.

Jim
--