Serial port questions
- From: Jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:42:42 +0100
Hi, I'm after some tips on how to accomplish something. What I'd like to do
is have the contents of /var/log/security piped to the first serial port
(/dev/cuad0 ?), then use something suitably quaint (like an Apple //) to
Using minicom and an old Tandy 100 (don't ask) I've established that the
cable I'm using works fine, so now I just need to do the following:
Set /dev/cuad0 to be 1200 baud, 8-none-1
Pipe /var/log/security to it.
Any tips on how to do this would be very welcome. I'm using FreeBSD
Thank you very much.
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
To strongly desire to swing from the pole on the rear foot plate of a bus.
- Prev by Date: Re: procmail recipe for a given message body
- Next by Date: Installation Problem with 6.2 i386
- Previous by thread: BSD-box dedicated firewall vs. router?
- Next by thread: Re: Serial port questions