Serial port questions

Hi, I'm after some tips on how to accomplish something. What I'd like to do
is have the contents of /var/log/security piped to the first serial port
(/dev/cuad0 ?), then use something suitably quaint (like an Apple //) to
display it.

Using minicom and an old Tandy 100 (don't ask) I've established that the
cable I'm using works fine, so now I just need to do the following:

Set /dev/cuad0 to be 1200 baud, 8-none-1
Pipe /var/log/security to it.

Any tips on how to do this would be very welcome. I'm using FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE #0

Thank you very much.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
ABERCRAVE (vb.)

  • Re: c code to initialize a peripheral
    ... d-opb data bus ... ... accomplish the necessary sequence of operations. ... no background embedded programming experience playing with soft core ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: OMG: Texting distracts teen drivers
    ... whatever -- where people ride in part in order to make more productive ... On some days I spend 30 minutes riding the bus. ... What are you going to accomplish? ... As far as disturbing passengers, I think I've seen many of them ...
    (misc.transport.road)