Re: how to compile 7.0 kernel?

swun2010@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

[snip]

I will reinstall it using 7.0 Beta4 tonight then recompile the kernel
and see how it goes.
[snip]

Try not using any /etc/make.conf. There have been some minor inconsistencies
reported when using things such as CFLAGS -Os vs -O2. Probably doesn't
apply to your situation, but make.conf can wreak havoc occasionally.

If you can successfully do a cd /usr/src and make buildkernel
KERNCONF=GENERIC, but subsequent attempts to build a kernel with
modifications means there is an error in your kernel config file.

-Jason

  • Re: kernel source for fedora
    ... Thufir Hawat wrote: ... you're on the level, things are very strange. ... your kernel and networking and yet you don't know what an ISO image is? ... Why do you think you have to recompile, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: relativity is like Linux
    ... >>>then you need to reconfig, recompile, etc ... I haven't compiled a kernel ... >you may use my code and programs you fool, ... >are you calling it a distro, i build my distro, you are fool, thank ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
    ... You recompile your kernel only if you have narrowed down the error to ... Sheesh, Unruh! ... it's got decent community support. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: The ext3 way of journalling
    ... may damage your filesystem; Only an FSCK can see how much of damage is ... Another typical FOSS answer. ... Compiling the Linux kernel is too painful. ... And recompile and recompile and recompile ad infinitum, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: adding new hardware
    ... I was afraid somebody was going to say this (recompile the kernel). ... stage of the installation (modprobe ndiswrapper), ... Unfortunately, the driver didn't. ...
    (RedHat)