Re: help to allow bitorrent to work through my IPfilter firewall?
- From: "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:27:03 GMT
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:28:34 +0100, NVangogh wrote:
I have these rules - but my bittorrent is not working properly. Plase
can you tell me what line to add to allow bittorrent to work? thanks:
If you do a "sockstat -4 -l", you'll see which port(s) your bittorrent
client is listening on. Then simply allow any incoming traffic to that/
Similarly, "sockstat -4 -c" will show all connected ports, including
outgoing, so you can make sure you're not blocking anything outgoing from
bittorrent as well. You'll want to temporarily disable your firewall to
glean any useful information from this, of course.
Hope this helps. I'm not all that familiar with ipfilter usage. I've
always just used ipfw, myself.
PROOF OF GOD #39. ARGUMENT FROM NONBELIEF
(1) The majority of the world's population are nonbelievers in
(2) This is just what Satan intended.
(3) Therefore, God exists.
- Prev by Date: Re: You misspelt comp.unix.programmer
- Next by Date: Re: FreeBSD problem: Not allowed to access configuration
- Previous by thread: help to allow bitorrent to work through my IPfilter firewall?
- Next by thread: Re: help to allow bitorrent to work through my IPfilter firewall?