Re: network configuration problem

Hello,

Clemens Zauner wrote:
Ah Yes. Make sure that 'router' as well as 'machine B' know where 'machine
C' is (= behind B). These both need a route for 192.168.2.0/24 via 192.168.1.3.

Actually, machine B knows this exactily, since its secind interface
is directly connected to C's networkd, and therefore B has a direct route.

Of course you are right about router.

[...]

PS: You might also consider using RIP for instance within your LAN.

Don't do that, Clemens.
As long has he can't get 4 boxes talk to each other via static
routing, he has absolutley no business to play with dynamic
routing.

Down that road lies madness :-)

> Or honour ICMP-REDIRECTS (if generated by router).

AFAIK FreeBSD honors ICMP redirects by default.
(as it should, per RFC)

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr

  • Re: Second ISP
    ... make sure that the second ISP router does not have a better default ... All of this can be done with show ip route ... Does this require a routing ... but I would recommend a routing protocol. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Packet sniffing help needed
    ... > When you say manipulating the routing tables, ... their table, they would accept a 'more specific' 1.2.3.0/24 route, which ... now-failed router, thus making sure that outages stay limited - so that ... > for one of those machines then arp poison the router ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Routing Problem on OpenServer 5.0.6
    ... > I have one big problem with routing. ... > OSR506A route table: ... server to the network 129.12.130.0. ... router at 192.168.10.254 and need know nothing more about the route it takes. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Win2k3 LAN Routing Questions
    ... all you need to do is enable IP routing on the router. ... If there was no other network involved, you simply make the router the ... pretty straight forward as long as you can add a route to your NAT router. ... This is important because this router needs to know where your new subnet is ...
  • Re: Static route via address, not interface
    ... >> and then add network route via router ... configuration (I have 172.22.2.0/24 segment attached with router ... Routing tables ... packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss ...
    (freebsd-net)